Friday, May 23, 2014

The Almond Branch Promise

Can't believe we are already at the halfway point of Jaxon's SECOND YEAR!! Please watch this video and read my post below. You can also click on the video link below:

JAXON'S FIRST YEAR video
^^^^^Click here ^^^^^

The Lord gave me a word for Jaxon when I was still pregnant and doctors were insistently telling me that I would deliver him at 23 weeks (17 weeks early and the earliest doctors will resuscitate a baby). The world was becoming chaotic and the Lord just gave me peace and put on my heart Jeremiah 1:5-19, that my Jaxon Jeremiah has a great calling on his life to be a refuge for the sick and the broken, those persecuted and weak, for all in need. And He assured me that this calling on his life would not be robbed from him, that it was an "almond branch" promise- the almond branch represents God's faithfulness to perform His word. He said of the vision Jeremiah had of the almond branch "I am watching over My word to perform it". Nothing about the promise could slip from His watch. He is focused on it. He's intense on it. From that moment, sitting in my hospital bed with IVs, medications and in active labor at only 23 weeks pregnant, I never doubted Him. I had such peace about our situation. I still thought my Jaxon would arrive within hours as the doctors had said, but it didn't matter. My Jaxon wasn't a statistic anymore, He was a WORD from GOD! All the resources in the world could never hold up against that. If God can speak all life into vast emptiness, I had no doubt His word was life in my son. Of course, now we know the great miracle He performed for our family in giving us another 25 days before delivering Jaxon. This is a video my husband made for JAxon's first birthday of his first year. I hope you will watch it and see how great is our God and what amazing and wonderful things HE has done for our family! I don't ever want to forget where life took us during that year because even though it seemed impossibly difficult, many of the greatest moments of my life happened because of what we went through.




No comments:

Post a Comment