Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Just because I never want to forget...

Oh my goodness! My kids crack me up all the time but tonight they have been on a roll! So, first off:

In the car on the way home from church tonight, Nicholas and Aubree wanted to play with my phone. I told them no bc I am trying to put new limits on their iPhone/iPad play time now. To distract them, I told them to look outside and tell me what they see. They saw the cars, stores, lights, "green light means go....red light means stop! stop! stop!" and several other things they saw. Then they saw the moon and stars and they started talking about flying. Nicholas said "Jesus is flying in the sky." I asked him where Jesus was at and if he saw Him. He said he didn't that "Jesus is in His room." I asked him where Jesus' room was at and he said "It's on the moon!" I asked if it was inside the moon and he said (with attitude might I add) "NO! It's ON the moon!" OH! Well EXCUSE me for not knowing! :) Then Aubree said she wanted to fly to the moon to see Him. I told her to close her eyes and she could fly there and she looked at me with a very sad pouty face and said, "I can't" I asked "why not?" (my tone and face matching the sadness in her eyes) and she answered, "Because I don't have any pixie dust."

So that had me giggling (inwardly as I didn't want to offend her grief at being out of "pixie dust"- you see why we are limiting their tv/gadgets time now?) :)
(Ok, so this is totally not the picture from tonight, it's about 1 year old, but my, my my, look how they've grown!)

I was putting the kids down when Donny decided he wanted some Annabelle time so he got her out of bed. So that the twins wouldn't get upset, I laid in their bed with them for a little bit. Aubree asked, "Will you tell us a story about Jesus?" (They ALWAYS want me to tell them a story---which I usually just completely make up over the top funny stories about the adventures of Aubree, Nicholas and BelleBelle---and tonight they had their Wednesday night church class so she was a little more specific on the type of story)

I was thrilled, of course, so I started telling them about how Jesus "made everything but out of everything He made, His people are His very favorite! Just like NicNic has a favorite blankie!---What is NicNic's favorite blankie?" Both the twins shouted excitedly, "soccer blankie!!!" (He has a blanket with soccer balls on it and it is by FAR his favorite!) I said, "that's right! and that is his very favorite out of ALL his blankies! Just like the soccer blankie is NicNic's favorite, Jesus' favorite thing out of EVERYTHING He made is His people! He loves His people more than the sun and the moon and the trees and the animals!" Nicholas said, "and Jesus is in my heart!" I said, "yes, that's right! Becasue He loves you and you love Jesus so He is in your heart."

Then Nicholas tipped his chin to his chest and looked at his "heart" then grabbed at it with his hand pulling on his skin. He said, "Mommy, I want my heart to be bigger so Jesus can come out of it and play with me!" Oh, it made me giggle! I had to ask him to repeat it so he did. Then he asked, "When Jesus comes out of my heart He makes my heart bleeb." (translation: "BLEED") I smiled and said, "your heart bleebs?" He said, "Yes. It's too ouchie. It's ouchie when Jesus comes out of my hear. I want my heart to be bigger." I told him that "Jesus is very special and He can do very special things. He can be out of your heart and play with you AND stay in your heart and take care of you all at the same time!" I knew he wouldn't understand so I was already preparing a simpler answer but then realized I didn't need one when he just simply said, "Oh." and truly seemed content with that. It just made me realize how significant and profound are the simple verses telling us that we must be as children. How is it that a 3 year old understands something that my own educated mind has a hard time grasping!?

No comments:

Post a Comment