Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My Happy Birthdays

Today is my 29th birthday!!! I wanted to just post this little timeline of my last decade because it's just amazing to me how much 10 years can change a person. 10 years ago from today, I was a waitress and I was single and not even remotely interested in dating. My 5 year plan was to do some world traveling with my dad for the next two years while finishing up my journalism classes. I then wanted to start nursing school and become a nicu nurse. (little did I know that the next decade would give me personal experience in the nicu with my own 3 preemies that would even more solidify that desire) I thought I would marry around age 27 or so and have kids around 30. I wanted a career more than anything else for my life. I wanted a family, but it just wasn't a priority. 

Anyways, I am so grateful God knows best and works things out for our good because I can't imagine if I had stuck to my plan and never married my husband or had our kids. I can't imagine I would have been near as happy or fulfilled had I finished my schooling and become a nurse and never had my own sweet little ones. Of course, the current "plan" is to still go through nursing school once Jaxon is in school (but of course, I now know as much as anyone that even that may change) but I just don't want to miss even a second of their lives that I don't absolutely have to. I am so grateful for a husband who works so hard and affords me the opportunity to stay home with them. I am so blessed with my life. If I had known back then what it would be like now, this is exactly what I would have set as my 10 year plan. Things may not have always been easy or gone the way I wanted, but the end result is exactly "everything I never knew I always wanted". (I've always loved that line from the movie Fools Rush In) :) Anyways, here is the timeline of my last ten years. I am so excited about this final year of my 20s. I am so excited to begin a new decade next year. I am such a blessed lady and thank the Lord so much for giving me the life He gave me!

In 2005, I turned 20 years old and kicked off this past decade of my life with an amazing trip to South Africa with my dad. 

In 2006, I married my husband, 


In 2007 I started working at our church and running the women's ministry, 

In 2008 I got pregnant with our twins, Aubree and Nicholas and we bought our first home. 



In 2009 I had the twins and got pregnant with my little Annabelle. 

(Aubree at about 12 hours old)

(Nicholas at about 12 hours old)

 (This is me actually only 5 days she was born)

In 2010, I delivered Belle making us a family of 5. 

 (Me and Belle in recovery. She is about 45 minutes old here. My big ole 9lb baby)

 (First Family of 5 photos)

 (Annabelle at 6 months old)

In 2011 we went through the most major changes in our family, losing our home, being out of work most of the year, a cancer scare with Nicholas and so many other things that made us into a stronger and more united family than ever. 

In 2012, we found out we were pregnant with Jaxon and then delivered him 3 months premature. 

(Me holding Jaxon at 2 days old. He was able to come off his breathing tube for almost a day so I got to hold him really early for a micropreemie)

In 2013, we brought Jaxon home from the hospital and went through the biggest change as a family ever that has once again, changed the entire dynamic and purpose of our family unit. 



(The kids in September. Jaxon is 9 months, Annabelle is 3 and twins are 4)

2014 is just over halfway finished but so far, we have become the ambassador family for March of Dimes, have joined several other advocacy groups and have been able to work with so many other families going through the struggles that come with having a sick baby or child- a mission that I intend to work with for the rest of my life. 


 (All of us at the beach in spring 2014)

This last decade has been hard and stressful and seemingly impossible at times but has been such an amazing ride! Today is the first day of my last year in my 20s. A lot of people enter their 30s regretting many choices they made in their 20s but I am so glad that I have no regrets and can look back on this past decade and be proud of all I have been blessed with and all that the Lord has given me the opportunity to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment