Friday, September 30, 2011

Life

I have never blogged, not even attempted. I like reading others' blogs, particularly those about sewing and crafting. But, here I am with my own blogger account typing away.

Over the years I have had many people suggest that I blog. With 3 kids, 2 of whom are twins, it seems there are endless stories I am always sharing and they typically seem to be enjoyed by many friends and family. 

If for no other reason, perhaps this will just be a good way for me to just simply keep track of the daily happenings in my crazy lovely little family. Well, for anyone who does not know me, I am Destiny. (As I said before, most all the blogs I read are instructional so I am not really sure what I am supposed to write about so for this one, I will just write all the important things about me) :) 

Well, the first and most important thing about me and in my life is my relationship with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I was born summer of '85 and while I was still a toddler, my dad became a Pastor and he has been a Pastor ever since. When I was 7 years old, while laying on my top bunk bed one night, my dad led me to my precious and wonderful Lord! That was and still is the most wonderful and amazing day of my entire life! I have a sister 2 years older than me, Jessica, a sister 2 years younger than me, Olivia and a brother 3 years younger than me, Zachary. We are all extraordinarily close and always have been. Three weeks after I turned 16, my family moved across the country to the desert of Southern California where my mom and dad were commissioned by the Lord to pastor a church. Faith Community, later renamed The GATE Church of the High Desert, became our beloved church and family and still is to this day. 

I came to California a Junior in high school and graduated from a Christian school. After graduating, I attended a local Junior college with plans switching back and forth between nursing and teaching. (even now, 7 years later, I am still undecided!) :) At the age of 19, I became friends with a girl at work, Krystal, and that friendship quickly proved to be strategic workings of God. Krystal's older brother had, 2 Christmas' prior, been set up with my older sister UNSUCCESSFULLY. Well, within months of the start of mine and Krystal's friendship, her very shy and very tall older brother, Donny, and I hit it off. Our first date was the day before Thanksgiving where he took me to Youth group at his church (where he was a leader) and then to Olive Garden for a very awkward dinner and then to see "Just Friends" (ironic) at the movies! Less than 9 months later (on August 12, 2006), I was walking down the aisle in a beautiful Cinderella gown! 

In June 2008, Donny and I got the wonderful news that we would be having a baby! We were ecstatic! Then, on August 8, 2008 (8/8/08) we went to our first ultrasound appointment. My doctor had the monitor faced towards him when I saw him smile strangely and say, "hmmm...interesting." I asked, "Is everything okay?" He looked at his smiling nurse and said, "Yes. ...VERY good actually." Then Donny said sarcastically, "Well, as long as there's not 2 or 3 in there we're good." Dr. Tsai and his nurse both giggled and he turned the monitor around to us pointing at it and said, "Well????...there's one...and there's the other." I think me and Donny neither one stopped smiling the rest of the day. The next 6 months were so surreal! It was hard to believe that we were going to be having TWO babies! Luckily we had just went into escrow on our first house! Aubree Faith (6lb5oz) was born at 5:51pm on February 10, 2009 and Nicholas William (6lb15oz) came 1 minute later.

When Aubree and Nicholas were 10 months old...well, long story but Nicholas got "rubella" (or so the doctors diagnosed him) and bc it is so dangerous to pregnant women, their pediatrician suggested I take a pregnancy test "just to be sure" so I did and low and behold...it was POSITIVE! The news came on Donny's 27th birthday and, though it was not exactly the present he had hoped for, Annabelle Jayde, born at 9 pounds and born August 18, 2010 is one of the three best gifts we have EVER been given! (guess what the other 2 were!) ;)

In the beginning of 2011, the Lord really began doing a work in mine and Donny's lives and really stretching and pulling and changing our lives in preparation for the ministry He has called us to. We are still in the process of change and stretching but here we are now, 5 years of marriage with 2 2-year olds and a 1-year old seeking our Lord and living to fulfill His purpose and plans for our lives!

I now have a hobby/side job of making children's clothing and accessories. I developed a passion for sewing when I was in High School and my mom taught me how to sew. Now that I have 2 beautiful little girls, I have new motivation to contiue on with that passion. 

Okay, so that is me so now when anyone reads my blog, hopefully this will let you know where I come from and what I am about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment